How to Upload your 3 Shape Trios Scans?
An intraoral scanner is an invaluable tool that delivers a high quality image of a patient’s dentition, and allows its user to bypass the wait time of submitting PVS impressions through the mail. The sales and use of these scanners is rapidly growing thanks to the convenience and precision they offer. Although learning a new system might seem intimidating, we’re here to help. If you’re looking into the Trios scanner by 3Shape, here are the directions you’ll need to submit your patient data to Clearcaps and get them on the road to aligner treatment as quickly as possible.
Please make sure you have already created and activated your 3Shape Communicate account at https://www.3shapecommunicate.com/
2. Search by entering “email@example.com” and then click “find”.
3. In the search results, select “Clearcaps”.
4. After reading the confidentiality agreement, select “I Agree” and then “Connect”.
5. Clearcaps will accept your connection. This can take up to 24 hours. Once it’s been accepted, go to (Configure > Lab Connections > Refresh). Clearcaps will appear as a lab you can connect to.
6. Select Clearcaps as lab. To get through this preparation phase, you’ll need to choose an example tooth. It can be any tooth you’d like. For now, we’re just trying to get through this stage of the process so we can get to scanning.
7. Scan the upper arch, the lower arch, and the bite. Try to get at least 2-3 mm of gingival area without distortion or gaps. Remember: good, clean scans produce better aligners.
8. Complete the post process by clicking the “Post Process” button on the lower right hand side of the screen. This configures the files and prepares them to be sent to Clearcaps.
9. You’re ready to send the case! Click “send order” at the bottom of the screen to complete the process.
After you’ve submitted your scans through 3Shape Communicate, you’ll still need to submit your case on Doctor Portal before we can get started on making your aligners. Make sure to submit the case immediately after sending your scans so we can pair them together.